Thursday 13 June 2019

procedural writing


We have been learning to describe a process.
When I write, I need to think about the ideas,
structure & language, organization, vocabulary,
sentences, spelling and punctuation I use.  

Ideas
Structure and Language
Organization
Vocabulary
Sentence Structure
Spelling
Punctuation
-choose ideas that will be important for the reader
-write using a range of ideas, experiences or items of information
-support some of my ideas with detail
-use simple text structure which is appropriate to my purpose   e.g - describe, recount, narrate
-explore different text types (e.g explanation, procedure)
-show that different text types have different features
-choose appropriate adjective, verbs, nouns, and adverbs.
-sequence my ideas logically in a range of text types
-group similar ideas into paragraphs or steps
-Use a bullet point or number to separate the different steps
-use words to show order; first, then, next
-add interest to my writing by using written and visual language features (eg simile, metaphor, illustrations, and diagrams).
-use topic related vocabulary
-expand my vocabulary using common prefixes
-structure my writing so it is grammatically correct in the  present tense
-write simple and compound sentences (by using conjunctions)
-use some conjunctions correctly eg: FANBOYS (for, and, nor, but, or, yet, so)
-use some complex sentences
-vary my sentence beginning, structures, and length
-use reference sources with support to check meanings and find new words
-use spelling patterns to help me
-write consonant, blends and vowel sounds.
-use capital letters
-use full stops
-use question marks
-use exclamation marks

I can use these correctly most of the time:
-speech marks
-commas for lists and apostrophes for contractions


Key Vocabulary that will help me:
Electricity,battery,bulb,connect,light,switch.





Start writing here:
To make a light bulb work you need to make sure that you have:
3 wires
1 battery
1 light bulb
1 switch
First you need to connect the two wires to the battery and the light bulb and
the other wire to the other side of the light bulb. Third, you need to connect
the switch between the wire that connects to the bulb and the battery. When
you turn the switch on the light will turn on with it and if you turn it off the
light bulb will turn off. That is how you make a light bulb turn on.  
Fourth you need to turn the switch on so that the light bulb can turn on.

No comments:

Post a Comment