Sunday 9 June 2019

Justice and injustice



In Room 4, we’ve been thinking about things that are just and unjust.


We’ve been reading a book called ‘Dawn Raids’ by Pauline Smith.


We’ve been thinking about what is just or unjust in the story.


I think it was fair when the police let Joe get Grandma and Grandpa's
passports because they Just came from Samoa and they couldn't understand
English very well.  


I think it was unfair when the police didn't let the girls get their blanket when
they were in their PJs because it is kind of scary when people look at you with
your PJs on.





We’ve also been learning about the treaty of Waitangi.
\ We’ve been finding out about promises that were broken.


I think it was fair when the Minister said it was time to help
the Maori who had lost all the land because of the Queen’s
actions and because she threatening the Maoris


It thinks it was unfair when the British broke the treaty that they
made for the Maori to sign for agreements about the land.



I was able to make some connections between these things and my life.  


In my life, it’s fair when I do something for my mum and she does something
for me.  


In my life, it’s unfair when my sister gets some new pair of jeans and I don't.


When that unfair thing happened, I just sat down and made faces and moans.


No comments:

Post a Comment