Thursday 11 April 2019

Unveiling

Seiola’s Maths learning Story
The Problem:  

Unveiling
Marino and Julie are in Rarotonga celebrating her Mum’s
unveiling.  235 people were invited to the celebration but then
68 people didn’t show up.  How many people came to the
unveiling?

What different ways can you solve this problem?

How we solved the problem:
First I did 235-68 then I split the 68 into 34 and 34 because I wanted to make an even number
then I did 235-34=201 then I did 201-34=167

Then I found out that there were only 167 people that came to the unveiling.


Working as a group is important:  Choose 2 to write about
I am good at keeping people on track because I would always say, “Here. I will tell you my
idea and you write it down.”

It’s hard for me to understand what other people are saying when they try to tell me their ideas
because sometimes I just get confused  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment